If you have received a payment for a sale or if you have made a payment for a purchase through your bank account, you can apply this amount to the corresponding sale/purchase you have already created in Saasu. For example, you have received $200 for a sales invoice you issued last week.
In order to apply this as a payment for the sales invoice:
- Import the bank statement into Saasu first.
- Select A payment applied to Sales from the pick list as the type of transaction you want to create.
- Select the contact the particular sale belongs to from the contact pick list (if you can recall this) or leave it as All Contacts.
- Tick the checkbox at the beginning of the particular transaction in the imported bank statement, which has the payment amount you received.
- Click Categorise Selected – You will be taken to the list of sales invoices with pending payments for the particular contact or for all contacts.
- Locate the invoice from the list that the payment is for and enter the amount (eg $200).
- Click Save.
You can follow the same steps above to apply payment for a purchase invoice. To do this, simply select A payment applied to purchase as the transaction type for this scenario.